I was a guest on James Valentine’s radio show (ABC 702 Sydney) today. We spoke about the positives of technology for family life. A very important contribution technology can bring to family life is that it helps families to communicate with each other. Callers rang in about the value of Skype for staying connected with children or family overseas. One grandma even said she cooks with her young granddaughter via Skype. The granddaughter cooks while grandmother chats to her and gives her cooking advice. Another benefit we talked about was that technology offers many opportunities for family members to share things they see online and have a chat about them. From this perspective technology provides a medium for families to know each other’s interests and to acknowledge and share their interests. This is a huge benefit to families and one which we can embrace to enhance family life.
July 2, 2017
February 6, 2018
Free Factsheet: The Value Of Technology For Learning
Enter your details below to get instant access
- Banning mobile phones in classrooms takes education back in time
- My Thoughts: Why tech CEO’s limits their kid’s technology use
- How the recent changes to Facebook will effects kids seeing fake news
- My thoughts: Should Apple add more parental controls to control screentime?
- Dangerous content young children are viewing online
- The problem with using technology to reward or punish children’s behaviour
- I’ve been doing lots of filming lately!
- MC and speaker: privacy of young people growing up in the digital age
- The benefits of kid’s video games
- Our aim should be to support kids to succeed, not to trip them up so that they feel that they can’t.